Once upon a time there was a girl loved her heels. Four inch or five inch it didn't matter because in her mind it was always the taller the better. She loved running through the Atlanta night life and being able to look over the crowd. It was hard not to notice this 6'1 (in heels) girl at any party. Then one day the evil "good knee thieves" came and took her good knee away. Now she is left with flats and kitten heels and her impeccable & marvelous look is forever tarnished by the dastardly knee cap handicappers. So what does one do when you can't bear the pain of the highest of the heels.
My rules for searching for a shoe I can actually spend more than 15 minutes in:
1. Keep it under 3 - If there is no platform the heels I look for heels under 3 inches.
2. Look for Platforms - Platforms decrease the incline of the shoe. This can allow you wear a taller shoe.
3. Walking Flat Footed - Flats are always comfortable, I just try to find the most stylish flat I can.
4. Driving a Wedge - Wedges are a life saver, they aid in balance & comfort
5. Opt for a Daring & Sexy Color - Can get the heel height you want, opt for a bold color.
My Top 10 Most Stylish & Comfortable Shoes
At on $65 these shoes make are great for casual runs to the market, but they scream chic, expensive, & sophisticated.
Probably the most seductive mid level heel I have ever seen. At a heel height of 2.5 inches this is probably as sexy and comfy you can get. Need a justification for such a hefty purchase. You know I have always got a shoppers excuse card handy. Us heel hindered girls, because of option restraints, don't buy as many shoes because of comfort. So calculate all the shoes you probably would buy and you will have your Valentino pumps.
3. Enzo Angiolini 'Killy' Sandal - $134 available at Nordstrom
Get a head start on Spring with this glittery little number. These scream chic but comfy party shoes that are guaranteed to highlight any Spring frock you plan on wearing. Added bonus - the girls will be envious of your obvious style and comfort as you dance the night away.
The hot pink color is positively flirtatious with a heel height of 2.5 inches. Add on as the unpredictable color in your ensemble.
Fancy and feminine these flats are so romantic and whimsical.
6. Smoking by Stuart Weizman - $345These patent leather cuties can easily be added on to any outfit.
7. Navy Corsage T-Bar Pumps - Dorothy Perkins $55
Let's do some math. The height is 5 inches with a 2 inch platform, so this shoe is the equivalent to a 3 inch heel. This equals all the height and comfort you want.
9. Ciao Bella Tabby Wide Calf Riding Boot - DSW $100
Opt out for this stylish, but comfortable riding boot.
10. Trouserl - Steve Madden $80
Oxfords are a classic shoe that can be added to most looks.